Thursday, January 28, 2010

birthday

Yesterday was Lillian and Nathan's 4th birthday. I remember being pregnant with all 3 kids and I loved every minute of it. I still remember the day Dr. Jarrett said as he was looking at the ultrasound, " there's a heart....and there's another heart." We were both so excited! Twins!!! Things went really well during the pregnancy...until one day I went to work. I came out of the bathroom and my co-workers just knew from the look on my face something wasn't right. I called the doctor right away. She told me to go to the hospital. From then on I was on complete bedrest at 30 weeks. I was having contractions every minute. After they got my contractions under control I was able to go home...but on complete bedrest. Luckily they "cooked" inside me for 7 more weeks! It was so exciting to hear them cry for the first time. I know I'm being biased but they are the best kids anyone can ask for! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful kids.
And how can I leave out little Rose. Being pregnant with her was so easy..except taking care of two little ones and being pregnant. She decided on her own birthday as well. She was supposed to come out on January 11th but thought the 9th would be better. In the middle of the night I woke up with contractions every 3 minutes. Called the doctor and she said to come in to the hospital. It was 2:30 when we got there. (My parents came over to stay with the twins) They hooked me up to the monitor. After being there for about an hour, I asked what the plan was. I told the nurses I needed to call into work and let them know if I wasn't going to be there. The nurses looked at me funny and said, "Honey, you are going to have this baby within the next couple of hours." I thought holy cow! When the doctor pulled the baby out and said it's a girl I was so excited!!! I always wanted to name her Rose.
Being a mom definitely changes you. I love all my kids so much. I love my husband so much because we are truly blessed for the three wonderful kids we have.

No comments: